Monday, April 12, 2010

Telling the Family

To tell the family that the goodie-two-shoes of the family is pregnant, is not the easiest job in the world..... or so I thought.
Of course my sister knew right away. She knew I was late, and I let her know about the test as soon as I took it, and then my brother also knew. And most definitely my best friends. But telling the rest of the world seemed very difficult.
I kept it quiet until I saw the doctor and was sure about everything. Then one night, my one cousin came over and I decided to practice my speech on her. I was trying to figure out how I was going to tell her, and I think my mom saw me struggling, so she broke the ice by saying to me, "So, are you going to tell her?" Now I had no choice. I thought about what I would say, but all that came out was, "I'm going to have a baby."
"Oh, I heard! Congratulations!"
I'm sorry, what? Here I was, struggling beyond reason to figure out how I am going to tell her, but she already knew, which meant that the rest of the family probably also knew, which meant I don't need to tell anyone. But. How!
I didn't know how to feel. Should I be happy that I don't need to practice some kind of speech? Or should I feel betrayed by whoever spread the news?
Turned out I felt betrayed.
I soon heard that sister-dear told her best friend who she tells everything. He told his friend, who is best friend with my cousin, who then told the rest of the family.
Even when I wanted to tell some of my other friends they already knew. At least they pretended not to know, but come on! I knew that I would be a bit more surprised when I find out that someone is pregnant. And, my sister later confessed, anyway.
Guess who is finding out last that I'm pregnant, next time when it happens?
I really don't want to be rude to her, but next time, I want to feel the joy of telling people I'm pregnant. Anyway, I don't think that would be in, at least, the next two years, but when it does, I am telling people when I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Single Mom! All your comments are well-apreciated.

Enjoy your day!

Neikie