Someone who got caught driving under the influence might learn that he/she mustn't do it again, or maybe just he/she mustn't get caught next time. Wow, what a lesson that must be.
Someone who failed a test might learn to study harder or party less next time.
What did I learn from my teenage pregnancy?
- use better contraceptives next time.
- how to handle criticism.
- how to eat healthy (although my coffee addiction has come back since Allie was born).
- how to be honest.
- how to change a diaper.
- how to make a bottle.
- how to forgive myself.
- how to apply time management (I started studying at the University of Johannesburg when Allie was 1 month old).
- how to care for another person.
- how to put another person's needs before my own.
- how to love another human being, like you never thought possible.
- how to get a child to eat broccoli and Brussels sprouts.
- how to appreciate Disney Channel.
- how to be patient when doing homework with a child.
- how to be a mum.
- how to be a dad.
I think that this list will go on and on for ever. I learn new things every day.
Yes, I made a mistake. But does every one learn from their mistakes as much as I did/do?