Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Thing


One of my colleagues is a single mom, just like me. We often discuss the love & woes of it all. It's always good to talk to someone, who knows what you are going through; they can always help you with issues if they also have experience. This Colleague, Mary, also has some problems with her ex (not involved, doesn't want to pay maintenance, etc..etc.etc).
We have come up with a common name for all exes who behave like this, and it is "The Thing". So, whenever I speak about The Thing, you will know that I am referring to my ex.

I think that I have mentioned that The Thing is completely uninvolved. We haven't seen him in almost 3 years, and he hasn't phoned since Alie's 3rd birthday (She just turned 5).

While I was pregnant, I covered up my chocolate and ice-cream addiction by saying "I'm eating for two." Now I cover up my over-protectiveness by saying "I'm loving for two."
I know that it's not necessary; Alie gets all the love which she would have gotten from a good father (and then some) from my family and friends, but at least I can now give everyone an excuse to why I spoil her so much. I feel that it's my job to love her that missing (but not really missing) bit. I wouldn't have it any other way!

I have to go kiss my little princess....... TWICE

XOXOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Single Mom! All your comments are well-apreciated.

Enjoy your day!

Neikie